Professional, In-Home Pet Sitting
Allegiant Animal Care Policies
1. Allegiant Animal Care will not guarantee exact times for any visits. Traffic and other issues arise during our day. Visits will be preformed within 2 hours of requested time.
2. Services will be preformed between the hours of 7:00 am and 9:00 pm.
3. All visits should be scheduled with as much advanced notice as possible. We can not guarantee services for last minute needs.
4. All visits, or series of visits, cancelled less than 24 hours prior to services will be charged in full.
5. All payments are due at the time of service. We accept cash, check, Venmo, & Paypal.
6. Allegiant Animal Care’s liability insurance will not cover any damages that have occurred during a shared job where owner has hired someone on top of AAC and its pet sitters.
7. Services will be discontinued immediately if cameras are found in bathrooms and sleeping areas.
8. Allegiant Animal Care is not responsible for wilted, dead or otherwise unhealthy plants. Allegiant Animal Care will work hard to follow your written directions as precisely as possible, but cannot be responsible if the results are not favorable. Please place all indoor plants together on a waterproof surface in plain sight, as your pet sitter is not responsible for water damaged areas or missed plants.
9. Allegiant Animal Care is not responsible for damage to the home beyond the control of the pet sitter. This includes, but is not limited to leaks, electrical problems, and acts of nature. In these situations, the company will attempt to contact the customer and then the emergency contact before making a subjective decision on dealing with the problem. All repairs and related fees will be paid by the client.
10. Allegiant Animal Care is not responsible for any damage to the property of the client or others unless such damage is caused by the negligent act of the pet sitter.
11. Allegiant Animal Care accepts no responsibility for security of the premises or loss if other individuals have access to a client's home, or if the home is not properly secured when the pet sitter arrives.
12. Allegiant Animal Care is not liable for any loss or damage in the event of a burglary or other crime that should occur while under this contract. Client agrees to secure home prior to leaving the premises. Allegiant Animal Care will re-secure the home to the best of its ability at the end of each visit. While keys are in the possession of a pet sitter, they will be either on the pet sitter’s physical person or be properly stored at an undisclosed location.
13. Client must have legal rights to place the animals in the care of pet sitters, kennels, and Veterinary Clinics. Allegiant Animal Care cannot service a home with “visiting” pets or animals that do not belong to the resident of the service site without separate sets of agreement forms, including a Legal Considerations Agreement, accepted and signed by each rightful owner(s), as well as emergency veterinarian information and vaccination records.
14. The terms of this document apply to all the pets owned by the client, including any and all new pets that the customer obtains on or after the date this document was signed, at any and all locations the owner designates for service.
15. Client is responsible for pet-proofing house and yard, and the security fences/gates/latches; this includes shutting ALL doors that lead to rooms where the pet does not reside. Allegiant Animal Care will not be responsible for the safety of any pets and will not be liable for the injury, disappearance, death, or fines of any pet with unsupervised access to the outdoors.
16. Allegiant Animal Care is authorized to see any emergency veterinarian assistance needed during visits, at the cost of the client, from any veterinarian as chosen by the sitter. However, the company is not responsible for the health/wellbeing of the animal.
17. Pet Owner is responsible for supplying the necessary safety equipment/supplies needed for care of their pet(s), including but not limited to a sturdy, well-fit harness (halter, collar, etc...) for walks or in case of emergencies, firmly affixed vaccination tags, a lead rope or leash, pooper-scoopers, litter boxes, food, cleaning supplies, medicines, pet food and cat litter. Pet Owner authorizes any purchases necessary for the satisfactory performance of duties. Pet Owner agrees to be responsible for the payment of such items, as well as service fees for obtaining items, and will reimburse Allegiant Animal Care within 14 days for all purchases made.
18. Pet Owner will be responsible for all medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to a pet sitter, or other persons, by the pet. Customer agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Allegiant Animal Care in the event of a claim by any person injured by the pet.
19. It is suggested that arrangements be made with someone to evacuate your pets in case of a disaster or weather related event/crisis/ “Code Red”. Allegiant Animal Care will make every attempt to see to your pets safety/care should such events occur, but cannot guarantee it.
20. Allegiant Animal Care reserves the right to terminate this contract at any time if the pet sitter, in his/her sole discretion determines that the Owners pet poses a danger to the health or safety of itself, other pets, other people, or the pet sitter.
21. If concerns prohibit the pet sitter from caring for the pet, the Owner authorizes the pet to be placed in a kennel (or previously arranged locale), with all charges (including but not limited to transportation, kenneling, tranquilizing, treating, accessing, and liability) to the responsibility of the Owner.
22. Allegiant Animal Care agrees to provide services stated in this agreement in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner. In consideration of the services as expressed thereof, the client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against Allegiant Animal Care and its employees, except those arising from negligence.
23. Client agrees to not schedule new pet sitting appointments or cancel appointments with pet sitters, as this leads to billing errors and/or missed appointments. Please note: Pet Sitters are representatives of Allegiant Animal Care and have signed a non-compete agreement. At no time are they allowed to solicit business from clients referred to them by the company. If they do so, or if they accept pet sitting jobs “on the side”, they are at risk of losing their jobs and/or being prosecuted for employee theft. This is necessary to protect the business.
24. Client agrees to notify Ashley Martin, owner of Allegiant Animal Care, of any concerns within 24 hours of return by calling 717-819-8371.
25. This agreement is valid beginning at the first scheduled visit and replaces all prior legal considerations agreements. Client agrees to any future Allegiant Animal Care term changes relayed verbally to the client, mailed or emailed in writing to the client, or posted on our website.
Using our services communicates that you have fully read, understood, and agree to our policies,
it's terms and conditions.